Tuesday, March 15, 2005

September 2004 Interview with Tahmoh

In this interview from metronews.ca, Tahmoh talks about his style, eating habits and lifestyle:

Tahmoh Penikett

Tahmoh Penikett, actor, portrays Officer Ray Chase on the CTV drama Cold Squad

Q: Describe your style.

A: My style varies so much. I’ve always had a sporty, casual style with some hip hop and urban influences. Nothing beats a new pair of kicks and a nice pair of jeans. I appreciate quality and don’t ever want to be associated to one style. That’s the beauty of clothes and fashion; if you have a sense of style and know what works for you, then you can dress for the mood, occasion and pretty much get away with anything.

Q: How do you keep life in perspective?

A: I keep short-term goals and make my responsibilities my first priority. It’s easy in my business to get discouraged with the sometimes constant rejection and lack of work. So you have to stay true to your art, constantly training, keeping healthy and being focused.

Q: What are your healthy eating habits?

A: I try to drink a full glass of water without ice before every meal. I try to have an equal mix of carbs and protein in 5-6 small meals a day. I was born and raised in the north (Whitehorse) and we consumed the healthiest meat there is, like moose, caribou and fish. I still eat a lot of fish. Every so often I’ll indulge in a great steak.

Q: What things make life easier?

A: I love to drive and listen to music. It’s fun and relaxing. For me, there is no better stress relief than a good workout at the gym. Sometimes, I enjoy being in the outdoors to clear my head. The silence can be so cleansing and energizing.
Sounds like Tahmoh must not mind all the "Caprica" location shooting for BSG.

No comments:

Post a Comment