Friday, May 18, 2007

New Interview with Tahmoh at Pink Raygun

Pink Raygun recently posted a new interview with Tahmoh. In it he talks about his acting inspirations, what he's most proud of, how he got involved with The Green Chain and Trick 'r Treat and much more!

PRG: Pink Raygun was very happy to see a Helo-centric episode in “The Woman King“. What were the most challenging and the most rewarding aspects of that episode for you as an actor?

TP: The most challenging aspects of that episode as an actor had to be the fact that I was finally given an episode to “carry”. This was obviously a Helo-centric episode and with that comes the responsibility to give the story a beginning, middle and end. There has to be a plausible arc that the character takes within the parameters that the writers have given you. It really comes down to how strong of choices you make as an actor.

I was lucky of course to work with Michael Rymer on this episode. We discussed at length where we thought Helo was at and what the internal struggle really was within him in this episode. I also had the luxury of changing some dialogue which better suited where I thought Helo was coming from and what he’s trying to communicate. After three some odd years, to have an episode which primarily features my character is extremely gratifying and exciting. I had the opportunity to act with four veterans, my favorite director and, of course, my lovely cast mate, Grace Park.
Go read the full interview now!

No comments:

Post a Comment