Joss Whedon confirmed that Fox had picked up Dollhouse for 13 episodes (up from the earlier 7 episodes) for midseason, likely January. Kristin from E!Online has more:
Joss Whedon (pinch me!), who told me they he just wrapped on the pilot shoot for Dollhouse Friday, and that he has a very good feeling about the series because "Eliza Dushku can play anything, and in this series, she does." Can. Not. Wait. He also very kindly shared this info about the show:Also, Pink Raygun has read the pilot script and has 10 tidbits to share. Including this interesting fact:
- Joss directs the second episode as well as the finished-on-Friday pilot, just to get things rolling.
- Sarah Fain and Elizabeth Craft are the show runners.
- Steve DeKnight and Tim Minear are both consulting producers on the series.
- Tim is writing and directing the midseason two-parter, namely episodes seven and eight.
- Joss would love to get Jane Espenson to join the gang too, if he could, but she's on Battlestar at the moment and the show's budget might not permit it. (Is it just me or do you want to send Fox a check right about now?)
- As reported earlier this week, Dollhouse will go at midseason, and, according to Joss, it's likely premiering in January.
- There is no Dollhouse presentation planned at the Fox event, but Eliza Dushku might appear on behalf of the show.
- Joss: "I'm still having so much fun. I keep waiting for it to not be fun anymore."
10. Missions for the Actives are only supposed to last 10 hours, or else the imprint could be strained. However, lately certain missions have taken quite a bit longer, some lasting for days…Read the rest over at Pink Raygun!