Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Interview with BSG writer/producer Ron Moore

An interesting new interview with Ron Moore has appeared on CHUD.com. It's very thoughtful and touches on the new season and the future of the show, but is only vaguely spoilery.

You guys work in a very interactive environment because the fans are so vocal and so involved. Do you ever wish that you didn’t hear from the fans, that you didn’t have CylonLuvr93 wishing you dead on a message board?

Moore: No, not really. I am pretty much egocentric about the way we do the show [laughs]. I write it for me and what I personally like; I’ll drive people crazy this way – it’s really about my tastes, I like this or I don’t like that. I listen to people in the production: the cast, the crew, the writing staff – it’s very collaborative. But I’m interested in what the fans say and I don’t care what the fans say. It’s both. As a writer, the internet gives me that experience of walking into the back of the theater and watching the audience watch my movie, which I don’t get in television. I’m always interested in what the response is going to be, good or bad. The bad reviews are the ones I read the most closely – I’ll frequent boards that rip the show apart from one side to the other because it sort of makes me think about the show. It makes me challenge my thinking about the show, it makes me think critically about the decisions that we made. Generally I walk away going, ‘Oh fuck them, they don’t know what they’re talking about,’ but for a moment I had to think about it. I don’t think I’ve ever regretted that there’s a strong internet component.
Read the rest of the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment