Saturday, June 02, 2007

New Interview with Tahmoh now online

Kindreds, a Helo/Sharon fansite, recently conducted an excellent and extensive interview with Tahmoh. A full transcript is now online in two parts:

Hera represents something very, very big in the Battlestar universe. A bringing together of two races in the name of love. You’ve said before that you’re proud of your own mixed heritage, and I’m wondering if that mixed heritage gives you a deeper appreciation of what’s being told in the Helo/Sharon/Hera story?

Tahmoh: Absolutely. I think that story is more relevant and more important right now, with where we’re at in history, than maybe any other time. Maybe since the civil-rights movement in the 60’s. Right now we have such a clash of cultures and religion around the world, and I like to think that it’s not breeding more ignorance. If anything, I hope it’s forcing us to be open to different cultures, ideas, religions. To agree to disagree.

And that’s an optimistic view, but it’s a tumultuous crazy time in the world right now, and a lot of the reason for that is ignorance. People aren’t accepting the idea that it’s a big, beautiful, wild world out there. People have different views, and we have to accepting and accommodating to that, because that’s what the future of the world is about...
"I did a great project last Christmas, which was Trick ‘r Treat. I got to work with Michael Dougherty, who’s the writer of X-Men 2 and Superman Returns. He’s just a brilliant, brilliant kid. He’s awesome and we clicked right away. He’s a friend. I think it’s going to be an awesome movie, I really do. I’m only in there so much, but I got to act with Leslie Bibb, who’s a sweetheart; really funny, great little actress.

I can’t wait to see that movie. That was fun. It’s been a good year for me. There’s a great local project, The Green Chain where I have an extremely long monologue, which was a lot of fun to do. I’ve never done a nine page monologue, which took like 13 minutes to do, so we’ll end up seeing that. I’m looking forward to that. That was a neat experience in itself, a totally different character. "
In happy news, he mentioned he's signed on to appear at the official BSG convention in November in Burbank!

Also, he wanted to pass on the news of a new project he's involved in, Whistler:
"It’s pretty much a Canadian OC, and it’s based in Whistler, one of the biggest ski resorts in the world just outside of Vancouver. It’s in the soap opera genre, and it’s very much like the OC. But the character I get to play in it is just incredible. I play this reclusive artist who’s an ex-junkie that’s become really quite famous, and I’m approached by one of the lead female characters played by Holly Dignard. She plays Nicole who works for this big hotel chain and approaches me to donate a piece, and I’m straight-up a prick to her. Very, very anti-social and hot and cold with her. We have this tumultuous relationship that goes over what is now a four episodes..."
I'll try to find out more and post an update.

ETA: More on Whistler now posted.

3 comments:

  1. Because Justine is obviously too modest to mention it, I will do it for her :) The most exciting part of this interview was that Tahmoh mentioned this website and her !!!!!!!

    -----------------------------Tahmoh: You know, I do check in All About Tahmoh Penikett because it's such an excellent site. Every interview that I do, they have it up before anybody, and-

    Kindreds: Justine does a great job, doesn't she?

    Tahmoh: Justine is awesome. I love that girl. I tried to call her a little while ago just to thank her again because she does just an incredible job, but I don't know if I have the right number. But she's amazing, and I love the site. I have people approach me, fans, and just friends, old friends of mine who haven't seen me - "Wow, dude. I found this site, and it's incredible."
    -----------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine, as we have been telling you for months, YOU ROCK!!! And now we know Tahmoh thinks you rock too!
    Thanks again for compiling the info for this site. Tahmoh fans appreciate all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It's always nice to be appreciated!

    Cheers,
    Justine :)

    ReplyDelete