Saturday, April 24, 2010

Calgary Con, Green Chain DVD, Riverworld

A reminder that Tahmoh is appearing at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Convention this weekend.

Booth:
Tahmoh Penikett will be at Booth 3005

Panels:
Saturday at 12:00pm, Spotlight on Tahmon Penikett - Panel Room D
Sunday at 3:00pm, Battlestar Galatica Panel - Main Events Room E

Photo Ops:
Saturday at 3:30pm
Sunday at 11:30pm

Signing:
Saturday at 10:00am until 12:00pm, at 2:00pm until 3:30, and at 4:00pm until 6:00pm
Sunday at 10:00am until 12:00pm, at 2:00pm until 3:00pm, and at 4:00pm until 5:00

ScifiandTVTalk shares an interview with Tahmoh about his role as Matt Ellman in Riverworld.
This has only happened to me a few times, including with my character of Helo on Battlestar, which is when I first read the [audition] sides for the character of Matt in Riverworld I thought, ‘I understand this guy; I know where he’s coming from,’” says Penikett. When the pieces fall together like that, you’ve got to trust your instincts, so I was really eager to get into the audition room.

I met with [Riverworld director] Stuart Gillard and, honestly, I was a bit rusty as far as the audition process goes. You can be a professional actor who has been working all year long, which I’d been, but if it’s been a while since your last audition it can feel a little weird. So in this instance I had a couple of rough starts, but I subsequently worked on three scenes with Stuart and he seemed pleased with what I’d done.

The Green Chain DVD was launched on Earth Day, April 22. Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment