Monday, November 22, 2010

Human Target, Japan, and Jabberwocky



Tahmoh's episode of Human Target aired on November 17. His time on the screen was a little too short, in my opinion, but it was great to see him in a show. Bertha snapped some screen shots, which are decorating this page. The rest will be on the flickr page soon.


Tahmoh has answered some more questions submitted by readers. I'll be posting them over the next week or so. Thanks to Bertha for help with prepping these posts.

I'd like to know what Tahmoh thought about Japan, and where he went while there?
I've been to Japan twice now. Both times I was in Tokyo. I absolutely love it there. The energy, pace and size of the city is really infectious and once you get on the ride there's no stopping.

The first time that I went, I was there with seven close friends. A couple of them were photographers and working there, but the rest of us were there to experience Tokyo and watch an excellent producer friend of ours play at a live event.

The second time I visited, I was watching a friend fight for the MMA [mixed martial arts] organization, Dream. It's always been a dream of mine to see a live Japanese Martial Arts event, and to have a good friend fighting was an opportunity I jumped at. I went with two other close friends and we had one of the best times I’ve ever had traveling. We met some of the best fighters from around the world, walked our friend out to his corner for the match and had excellent seats for the event.

I love Japanese food and definitely indulged both times I’ve visited. The art, culture and architecture are fascinating.

It amazes me how many Westerners I meet in Tokyo have never left. They came years ago to teach English or for a short period, ended up falling in love with the city and stayed. I can see why. They have a saying that if you love Tokyo, Tokyo will love you back. I can attest that this is true!

The next time I go, I hope to go and train there.


IMDB now lists Jabberwocky among Tahmoh's credits. After a bit of digging on the internet, I was able to confirm that this is indeed the "dragon slayer movie" that Tahmoh recently filmed in Bulgaria. For more about the film see A News Online. You can read the Lewis Carroll poem here.


No comments:

Post a Comment